Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my Iphone hacked? Virus, Malware,etc?

Yesterday Morning, I receive a text in "Messages" app about banking, I did not clink the link to the website, but only read it and click the next text bubble "touch to load preview " after it show an image with or without the name of company or others things and under it show bit.do (after I pressed it without clicking the link).

After that I got too curious about some similar message I got before, I did the same thing but this time about a reward from Cotsco and then I clicked the link which lead to safari, but nothing appear, only a blank page. I got a bit carried away because I did twice the same link or even refresh it, but still appear a blank page. Only a series of number and dots appear in the link. The series of number and dots is the same as the link after I click "touch to load preview".

After that I delete it both message and also delete the safari history and clear it, but I still don't fell safe and I am scared if my phone is being hacked or being watched, controlled, malware, virus, etc.

I did some research about how to fix the problem or to know if my phone is hacked by several signs to see if one the problem appear (ex: battery drain faster, phone in high temperature, sudden high storage used, etc), for now none of them happened, but I still don't feel safe.

I used my Wi-fi when I click on these, is the Wi-fi also affected (I am not the only using the Wi-fi, its actually my home Wi-fi and my family used them).

I never update to the newest IOS and my phone is old.

What should I do? Should I try to meet someone who work in apple for help or find another way?

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 9:50 PM

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 9:50 PM in response to Priscilla_L2

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Nov 15, 2021 4:30 PM in response to Priscilla_L2

I don’t think Apple stops malware or spyware anymore. My iPhone 12 Pro Max has been hacked twice now and I even had BitdefenderVPN I paid for and they even deleted my Apple ID and my iCloud and all Apple does is erase and reset my phone each time. I’m thinking of switching to a Galaxy after all this. Apple isn’t as good as it use to be it seems

Nov 9, 2021 10:07 PM in response to SravanKrA

Hello,

I actually never updated my iPhone since day 1 I have it, its still at 10.1 without updating. I don't have iCloud account either only Apple Id account. I never shared sensitive info to anyone. I also don't have app about removing virus or any kind other things regarding security.

I never updated to the newest one because I am scared to lose everything in my iPhone including game that might restart after update or losing photo or any big change. I have heard about "back up", does it have to do with iCloud?

I don't use iCloud because I am scare if I do it will share to anyone like "Photo" app as example, I don't know about others things in iCloud.

Am I safe for now? Is my Wi-fi affected (I am sorry if I ask this question again)?

I am thankful to get a reply from someone.

Is my Iphone hacked? Virus, Malware,etc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.