Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Transcend JetDrive compatible with Monterey

I'm currently using a 256GB Transcend JetDrive in my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). Whenever the MacBook goes into sleep mode it automatically disconnects the JetDrive and upon waking up the machine I get a message saying that I should unmount the drive before disconnecting it. This happens when I have been away from the computer for more than an hour.

I’m afraid that the Jetdrive will get damaged from all this disconnecting.

Does anybode please have a solution?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 5:10 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 11, 2021 6:24 AM in response to PUvirCHO

I’m afraid that the Jetdrive will get damaged from all this disconnecting.

Only if you were writing to it when you put the Mac to sleep.

At most, you would probably only suffer data loss. macOS mounts removable storage with write cacheing enabled. So, theoretically, if you disconnect the drive while the cache is still writing to the drive, you might lose the data it is writing.

I can't remember if it is possible in the battery System Preferences, but try disabling the feature to put drives to sleep when able.

Nov 11, 2021 11:42 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks. Not a great prospect that I may lose data. I am luckily not writing to the drive often, but I do have some stuff on there that I do not really want to lose.

I can't remember if it is possible in the battery System Preferences, but try disabling the feature to put drives to sleep when able.

I only see the option for hard drives.

Is Transcend JetDrive compatible with Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.