Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get continuous play on video playlist in iTunes?

I can't seem to find any way to get a playlist of videos to play continuously. Could anyone shed some light on doing this please? The weird thing is that when I first made the playlist, the videos were playing continuously, but I have no idea what setting I could have changed that causes the playback to stop after each video.

Thanks for any help on this!

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 8:52 AM

Ah apparently, if you have the Random button checked for a video playlist, it will NOT do continuous play. Is this a bug? It makes sense to have Random turned off for watching a movie series or something that needs to be watched in order, but if you'r trying to just randomize a playlist of music videos, Christmas movies, etc this would be useful to work just like randomizing a music playlist. Please add this option if possible. Thanks.

Random CHECKED, nothing shows up in UP NEXT

Random UNCHECKED and now you can see the other titles show up in the UP NEXT

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 8:52 AM in response to djpersyst

Ah apparently, if you have the Random button checked for a video playlist, it will NOT do continuous play. Is this a bug? It makes sense to have Random turned off for watching a movie series or something that needs to be watched in order, but if you'r trying to just randomize a playlist of music videos, Christmas movies, etc this would be useful to work just like randomizing a music playlist. Please add this option if possible. Thanks.

Random CHECKED, nothing shows up in UP NEXT

Random UNCHECKED and now you can see the other titles show up in the UP NEXT

How to get continuous play on video playlist in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.