Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist art not syncing correctly Mac Big Sur IOS 14.4

After syncing my iPhone12 Pro IOS 14.4 with my Mac Big Sur 11.1, most of the Playlist art in messed up. Some are correct (same as on Mac in iTunes) but most are random.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 5:45 AM

I think the song and playlist art not syncing correctly had something to do with this being the first time I synced my iPhone 12 Pro with my Mac. It messed up all the artwork and duplicated songs as well. This was even though my iPhone 12 Pro had taken everything from my iPhone X when I set up the iPhone 12 Pro.

I was able to find a solution to correct this. I plugged my iPhone into USB, opened the finder window for syncing, selected my iPhone on the left, selected the music tab, and the unchecked Sync Music onto iPhone. A dialog came up stating that all music would be deleted from my iPhone. I agreed then synced. After I ejected my iPhone, replugged in and in the finder window I checked Sync Music onto iPhone. I then selected sync. All my music was copied back to my iPhone. At the end all artwork was correct.

This process was simple and effective. Today I synced my iPad with no problems. I believe this was because it has been synced before, unlike the iPhone, which was new.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 5:45 AM in response to Sikh

I think the song and playlist art not syncing correctly had something to do with this being the first time I synced my iPhone 12 Pro with my Mac. It messed up all the artwork and duplicated songs as well. This was even though my iPhone 12 Pro had taken everything from my iPhone X when I set up the iPhone 12 Pro.

I was able to find a solution to correct this. I plugged my iPhone into USB, opened the finder window for syncing, selected my iPhone on the left, selected the music tab, and the unchecked Sync Music onto iPhone. A dialog came up stating that all music would be deleted from my iPhone. I agreed then synced. After I ejected my iPhone, replugged in and in the finder window I checked Sync Music onto iPhone. I then selected sync. All my music was copied back to my iPhone. At the end all artwork was correct.

This process was simple and effective. Today I synced my iPad with no problems. I believe this was because it has been synced before, unlike the iPhone, which was new.

Playlist art not syncing correctly Mac Big Sur IOS 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.