Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MAC and I cannot update my safari. Help please!

i cannot update my Safari. I found this out when trying to log into an account of mine and it said I needed to update my safari.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:43 AM

Safari is installed with and included in the macOS. It gets updated occasionally through Software Update. Click the  Apple menu > About This Mac > Software Update... to see if an update is available for your Safari app. If an update is available it should be presented there and then you can apply it. If no update shows up then it is assumed that none exists at this time.

Otherwise, you can upgrade Safari by upgrading your macOS to the next version available for your Mac.

The macOS version you can upgrade to depends on the year your Mac was released.

Click the  (Apple) menu at the top left of your screen and choose About This Mac.

Check the Compatibility of your Mac with newer versions of macOS:

➡️ macOS 10.13 High Sierra is compatible with the Macs listed here

➡️ macOS 10.14 Mojave is compatible with the Macs listed here

If upgrading is not an option for your Mac, then you might try accessing your web account using another browser like Firefox or Brave.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 7:43 AM in response to jana222

Safari is installed with and included in the macOS. It gets updated occasionally through Software Update. Click the  Apple menu > About This Mac > Software Update... to see if an update is available for your Safari app. If an update is available it should be presented there and then you can apply it. If no update shows up then it is assumed that none exists at this time.

Otherwise, you can upgrade Safari by upgrading your macOS to the next version available for your Mac.

The macOS version you can upgrade to depends on the year your Mac was released.

Click the  (Apple) menu at the top left of your screen and choose About This Mac.

Check the Compatibility of your Mac with newer versions of macOS:

➡️ macOS 10.13 High Sierra is compatible with the Macs listed here

➡️ macOS 10.14 Mojave is compatible with the Macs listed here

If upgrading is not an option for your Mac, then you might try accessing your web account using another browser like Firefox or Brave.

I have a MAC and I cannot update my safari. Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.