Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand New Apple Watch 7 w/Cellular Shows No SIM

I've added my watch to my Verizon plan, but when attempting to "Set Up Cellular" with the Watch app on my iPhone (12 Plus Pro), it just goes to a blank white page with Verizon at the top, and a cancel option only.

When I look under cellular settings on my watch, it shows Plan "No Sim", Status "No Connection" and Carrier ---. If I go to Settings, General, About on my watch, it shows Network Not Available, Carrier Not Available, there is an IMEI, which matches the IMEI on the box, but ICCID says No SIM, and MEID says Not Available.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with my watch, or with Verizon?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 7:02 PM

I'll throw in my experience for anyone in the future who's dealing with this:

I was getting the "Something Went Wrong" error when trying to activate my Series 7 on my existing Verizon plan. ICCID showed No SIM, just like many others. The Verizon tech support rep was helpful, but we weren't getting anywhere and he was moving toward wanting to factory reset it. Before we did that, I noticed it needed to be updated to version 8.7 I think. So I did that, and after it was all done, it activated through the app like a charm.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 7:02 PM in response to BWShellShocked

I'll throw in my experience for anyone in the future who's dealing with this:

I was getting the "Something Went Wrong" error when trying to activate my Series 7 on my existing Verizon plan. ICCID showed No SIM, just like many others. The Verizon tech support rep was helpful, but we weren't getting anywhere and he was moving toward wanting to factory reset it. Before we did that, I noticed it needed to be updated to version 8.7 I think. So I did that, and after it was all done, it activated through the app like a charm.

Jan 7, 2022 9:41 AM in response to BWShellShocked

I am also having the same issue, contacted customer service verizon and apple about this issue, and was on the chat with them for several minutes, issue is not being resolved still. According to apple, "ICCID number is assigned once the carrier activate a cellular network on the Apple Watch", and therefore this issue must be resolved with the Verizon. Verizon issued a ticket to contact tech engineer for them to resolve this issue by looking at specific IMEI. This issue happens often when Apple Watch was purchased directly from the apple store and brought it to the carrier, like Verizon.

Jan 16, 2022 3:44 PM in response to BWShellShocked

Had same problem. Just fixed the problem. Called Verizon technical support. Tried reset, restart many times over 2 hours yesterday morning. Then they created a ticket and have the engineer working on activating esim card. I was told to wait for 12 hours to 24 hours then should work. May take up to 48 hours. Last night, after restarting the watch, was able to activate the cellular plan but still showed no sim no service. Tried at noon. Not working. I called again. This time the person took the call saying it’s the problem of watch and transferred me to Apple technical support. Apple tech told me either it’s the service or the watch was not really the one with cellular as it’s labeled. Did not do anything but repeating power off and on. When I was desperate and suddenly I started to get messages on the watch. It worked. So just be patient. It just takes time after creating a ticket.

Mar 29, 2022 5:04 PM in response to BWShellShocked

Having same issue with AT&T. Got the Watch 7 a couple days ago and spent a lot of time with AT&T via chat. At the end the guys said to wait for 3 hours and then it'll work. Replaced an existing line with a "watch line" on my plan, which would save $5 / month. Hasn't worked yet, and I have all the results OP mentioned above. Watch connects with my iPhone 11 fine, but no independent cell connection for watch. Also, a new line was added to my account (which this person saw as an iPhone 13 Pro (never had one), and the AT&T App shows this new line is "Device Suspended". that's the line to which nothing has ever been connected or activated.

Am now 66 minutes into a call with AT&T, and they don't have a clue. Like, this person has no idea what they are doing. Has put me on hold 20 times. At one point they said they would send me a SIM card, but I said "Wait, I don't think these watches have SIM cards. I think they use eSim cards." That triggered another 15 minutes. Final answer: I'm supposed to go to a physical AT&T store to get an eSIM for my watch to work.

This is after confirming and reconfirming Sunday that my guy on the AT&T chat hooked me up. Just had to wait 3 hours for it to show in the system. Today another hour on the phone speaking with someone, and the answer was go to a physical store to get an electronic SIM? Pure craziness. Everyone else I know got their watch, paired it with their phone, and there was no hassle with the cellular service on the watch registering. Not my first time dealing with AT&T hoops. There's no good reason for this, it's just a matter of calling again and finding someone who knows how to make this happen.

Apr 4, 2022 10:15 PM in response to BWShellShocked

Ok so I just discovered and fixed the problem. (I have an iPhone 12 Pro on Att) I tried updating my phone and watch and still nothing. (both needed updates which never installed despite auto updates being turned on).

When I opened the watch app and clicked on cellular it said I had no sim and my carrier (ATT) was not in use. I clicked add new carrier (that might not be the exact wording) and the phone gathered info on its own and I guess my number hadn’t been added to number sync. The watch has been working fine until about 3 days ago. Glad I got it figured out.

Jun 13, 2022 6:35 PM in response to BWShellShocked

I have a T-Mobile plan, but hopefully this work. Was experiencing the same issue as well and luckily what I did below seemed to work.

Went to the Watch App on my IPhone 13, then clicked on the cellular tab located under the general tab. Where it says Cellular Plan at the Top, I clicked on the explanation mark to the left of the service provide (mine was T-Mobile). I then clicked Manage T-Mobile Account. Then on the Account Details page, I clicked on Update Emergency Address located at the bottom. From there I just submitted my address and it magically started working again.,

Again, not sure that will work for everyone, but it did do the trick for me. Best of luck!

Brand New Apple Watch 7 w/Cellular Shows No SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.