Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 (2020) Wifi sometimes drops and doesn't reconnect automatically

My Macbook Pro M1 (2020) Wifi drops randomly while I'm using it and then I have to manually click to reconnect. (image when wifi disconnected then I have to manually reconnect)You can check wifi.log I've attached at Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.

It may happen 1 or several times a day, very annoying. I've tried reset my MBP, create a new user account, even reinstall a new fresh macOS but not resolved. Other devices with the same wifi access point has no problem, and my MBP has this problem with any wifi it connects. Should it be a hardware problem?

Thu Nov 11 10:09:26.697 BTC: <airport[48032]> __BluetoothCoexHandleUpdateForNode: Driver supports APPLE80211_CAP_COEX_PROFILE_OFFLOAD. Airportd won't BluetoothCoexModeSet() and defer coex profile loading to UDM coex manager (UCM/WRM) ...
Thu Nov 11 10:09:26.697 
Thu Nov 11 10:09:27.025 Driver Event: <airport[48032]> _bsd_80211_event_callback: APPLE80211_M_RSSI_CHANGED (en0)
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.195 Driver Event: <airport[48032]> _bsd_80211_event_callback: APPLE80211_M_RSSI_CHANGED (en0)
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.227 Driver Event: <airport[48032]> _bsd_80211_event_callback: LINK_CHANGED (en0)
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.331 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.331 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.342 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.343 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.344 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.344 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.345 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.346 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.367 AutoJoin: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCInterfaceContext __updateAutoJoinRetryIntervals]: On AC power, changing to active retry interval.
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.368 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.368 Info: <airport[48032]> SCAN request received from pid 133 (locationd) with priority=2, qos=-1 (default), frontmost=no, trimmed=0, lowPriority=0 lowLatency=0, scanType=2
Thu Nov 11 10:09:29.375 Info: <airport[48032]> -[CWXPCSubsystem queryBSSIDForInterfaceWithName:connection:error:]: Failed to query current BSSID, returned error code -3903

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 8:01 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 10, 2021 9:02 PM in response to Vinh-Truong

Vinh-Truong Said:

"Macbook Pro M1 (2020) Wifi sometimes drops and doesn't reconnect automatically: Thanks so much for your quick reply.: I've tried all except resetting SMC/NVRAM (this MBP is M1 one) but problem still exists.[...]"

-------

You are welcome.

Troubleshooting Mac WiFi:

Five More Things to Try:

A. Remove Login items:

See if any of these apps are a Login Item. If so, remove them as such and then restart the Mac, seeing if it/they no longer load(s) at login.  Go Here: Change Users & Groups Login Items Preferences on Mac - Apple Support.

B. Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. Malwarebytes is made by longtime users of these forums, making it the onlySecurity Software reliable for Macs.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

C. Single Out this User:

For temporary user, create a new administrator, seeing if you still get this error. If so, then it is an error in the macOS. If so, then it is an error with the current user. So, what you would do is trasnfereverything over to this new user, and then trash this current user.

D. Restore from a Backup:

Do you have a Time Machine Backup of your Mac that you created prior to this? If so, restore form it. If not, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a Time Machine backup of your Mac prior to making any major change to is (i.e. macOS upgrade), so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

Or, as a last resort...

E. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more, seeing if you still get this error.

Nov 10, 2021 8:12 PM in response to Vinh-Truong

Vinh-Truong Said:

"My Macbook Pro M1 (2020) Wifi drops randomly while I'm using it and then I have to manually click to reconnect. (image when wifi disconnected then I have to manually reconnect)"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install.

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

V. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Nov 10, 2021 8:32 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I've tried all except resetting SMC/NVRAM (this MBP is M1 one) but problem still exists.

I bought this MBP on 25th May 2021 and it has problem from that time until now, first macOS version is 11.2 and now it's running 12.0.1. I've tried fresh install macOS serveral times but not resolved. I don't think this is software related problem so far.

I've borrowed a MBP M1 to check (same as mine) but that MAC has no problem.

Macbook Pro M1 (2020) Wifi sometimes drops and doesn't reconnect automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.