Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked sender emails still in inbox

Why do emails from blocked senders still appear in my inbox even though I have adjusted my “Blocked Sender Options” to automatically move them to the bin?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 12:50 PM

Yes I agree it has nothing to do with blocked senders using a different email address. My blocked senders don’t even end up in the junk mail - they just stay in my inbox with a tiny symbol indicating that they are a blocked sender. So annoying. I don’t want to see them at all so why can’t they go straight to the bin as I’ve opted for in my blocked sender options? It’s not rocket science!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 12:50 PM in response to matalloway

Yes I agree it has nothing to do with blocked senders using a different email address. My blocked senders don’t even end up in the junk mail - they just stay in my inbox with a tiny symbol indicating that they are a blocked sender. So annoying. I don’t want to see them at all so why can’t they go straight to the bin as I’ve opted for in my blocked sender options? It’s not rocket science!

Nov 16, 2021 8:40 AM in response to SravanKrA

The problem is not one where a blocked sender uses a slightly different email address. It is a generic problem to all blocked senders. Mail does not send the blocked emails to the bin but puts them in the Junk mailbox where they get mixed up with misidentified non-junk mail and therefore have to be sorted. Mail simply does not do what it says it is doing and is instructed to do. I, and I suspect 1000s of others, simply want mail from blocked senders to go straight to the Bin. It cannot be beyond the wit of the software writers to make something work as advertised.

Nov 11, 2021 12:19 AM in response to Voglekat

Probably the sender is using another email ID or a subdomain ID.

For example, if the sender had used mmmm@xyz.com which is blocked by you then the same sender can send you emails using mmmm@abc.xyz.com

Please check the email ID under your list of contacts and the sender's current email ID. Please click this too.

As far as my experience goes this is perpetual.

What I do is, log in to the email account on a web browser and use "Rules" and move all the emails from a domain ID to the bin. Every email accounts have this feature.

Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com

• In Mail on iCloud.com, click. ... 
  • Click Rules, then click “Add rule.”
  • Below “If a message,” use the pop-up menu and text field to specify the type of messages you want to filter.
  • Below Then, use the pop-up menus or fields to specify an action for the rule.
  • Click Add.

Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Watch this GIF

Blocked sender emails still in inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.