Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Blocked Senders email lands in Inbox NOT Trash

in apple mail, my blocked senders emails still show in my inbox (with a red hand icon) instead moving to trash

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 4:19 PM

Refer to Block senders in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

With blocked mail you have two choices: mark as blocked but leave it in your Inbox, or move it to the Trash. It would appear you have chosen the first one.

5 replies

Sep 17, 2022 7:28 PM in response to MJCM02

I understand, if the spammer uses a variety of "from" names adding each one to Contacts isn't a viable solution.

If Mail isn't doing what it's supposed to do then it's a bug. There is a reporting procedure which may only be available to developers, and if I can duplicate what you're experiencing I'll file one on your behalf.

Other than that you can use Feedback: Feedback - Mail - Apple. It has a bug reporting option also. If you describe what's going on in sufficient detail it will at least get their attention. If Apple can duplicate it, it becomes likely they will address it in a future macOS update or upgrade.

Unless you or I are overlooking something obvious I think all you would get from a Genius Bar is a shrug.

Back to your question, since Mail's built-in features don't appear to be working. Try writing a Mail Rule that explicitly sends those messages to Junk: Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. If you want to get really creative you can augment those Rules with AppleScripts.

Of course it would be best if "blocked senders" worked as it should.

Sep 17, 2022 6:54 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks John. This is more about spam than one user I dont like :) So if I had to create a contact for each spammer that would be onerous.

This is now my 4th mac and my experience has been great. When apple products do things "they are not supposed to do" what do you recommend? Genius bar appointment? Something else?

Apple Mail Blocked Senders email lands in Inbox NOT Trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.