Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried everything to connect my iPhone 13 promax to CarPlay without success. The dealer ship borrowed a 13 premax and was able to instantly connect it. Could there be something wrong with my phone?

My iPhone 13 pro max won't connect to CarPlay. An iPhone 13 pro max borrowed at the car dealership connected instantly. Do I have a bad phone?

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 4:36 AM

Hello,

Start here:

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Also try:

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 4:36 AM in response to AKBrad1

Hello,

Start here:

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Also try:

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

Good luck.

I have tried everything to connect my iPhone 13 promax to CarPlay without success. The dealer ship borrowed a 13 premax and was able to instantly connect it. Could there be something wrong with my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.