Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting carplay

Hello.

So, a couple weeks ago I upgraded my iphone from the 11 to the 13. Since I’ve had the 13 it will not connect to my carplay. I use a cord and when while it is connected, my car does not even show up to connect. While my boyfriend’s phone (he has the 13 pro max), does connect. I tried to ensure the carplay was turned on but it still does not connect. I need some help!

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 8:58 PM

delaphine95 Said:

"Connecting CarPlay: Hello. So, a couple weeks ago I upgraded my iphone from the 11 to the 13. Since I’ve had the 13 it will not connect to my carplay. I use a cord and when while it is connected, my car does not even show up to connect. While my boyfriend’s phone (he has the 13 pro max), does connect. I tried to ensure the carplay was turned on but it still does not connect. I need some help!"

Troubleshooting CarPlay Issues:

A. Successfully "Forget this Device"

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Some Links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 8:58 PM in response to delaphine95

delaphine95 Said:

"Connecting CarPlay: Hello. So, a couple weeks ago I upgraded my iphone from the 11 to the 13. Since I’ve had the 13 it will not connect to my carplay. I use a cord and when while it is connected, my car does not even show up to connect. While my boyfriend’s phone (he has the 13 pro max), does connect. I tried to ensure the carplay was turned on but it still does not connect. I need some help!"

Troubleshooting CarPlay Issues:

A. Successfully "Forget this Device"

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Some Links:

Connecting carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.