Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay not working on the iPhone 11 Pro

I have been using an older iPhone model to connect to the CarPlay and have never ever had problems.

Recently upgraded to iPhone 11 Pro. This phone is a disaster. Firstly, the 11 Pro cable isn’t compatible with my car (or power bank and anything else needing the traditional USB port - frankly this isn’t a welcome change, highly frustrating).

I had to buy the traditional iPhone cable for the car and it still doesn’t pick up my phone. I’ve taken the car in for a service and a reset of all devices. Nothing.

Is anyone who owns the iPhone 11 able to connect?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 7:56 AM

Hello onesimo272,

We understand that your new iPhone 11 doesn't connect to CarPlay via USB.

Are these the steps you were using to connect the phone?

Also, try the steps here depending on what you've done already: If you need help with CarPlay

If you have tried those steps, and the issue persists, we recommend contacting support: Get Support

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 7:56 AM in response to onesimo272

Hello onesimo272,

We understand that your new iPhone 11 doesn't connect to CarPlay via USB.

Are these the steps you were using to connect the phone?

Also, try the steps here depending on what you've done already: If you need help with CarPlay

If you have tried those steps, and the issue persists, we recommend contacting support: Get Support

Take care.

Dec 30, 2020 8:01 AM in response to onesimo272

I use my iPhone 11 Pro with Apple CarPlay on my 2020 Subaru Outback and have no problems with connecting. There have been reports in the Subaru forums of connection problems that have been solved by using Apple cables or Certified Apple Cables.

I feel your grief about the USB-C cable that came with the phone. But I had multiple older USB to Lightning cables on hand from previous iPads and iPhones and just used one of these for my iPhone 11 Pro.

Apple CarPlay not working on the iPhone 11 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.