Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay not appearing after iOS 15.6.1 update

Hello! After I updated my phone CarPlay is not longer connecting to my car. It won’t even sense that my car is an available vehicle. I tried going into settings and “forgetting” my car, then reconnecting and now my car does not pop up. I am still able to find my car via Bluetooth connection so the issue is limited to CarPlay. I have tried a brand new Apple-manufactured cord and it still did not work. I also tried another phone that had previously been paired to my car via CarPlay, and also just updated to 15.6.1, and the same issue is occurring. Please help!

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 2:06 AM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 2:06 AM in response to emfalll

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

Sep 6, 2022 11:13 AM in response to emfalll

Having the same issue. I checked to make sure CarPlay is not restricted and its not. Looks like there is a larger issue with 15.6.1. I actually removed the CarPlay stereo and re-added it and still having issues. the only way I can get the stereo to see my phone is if i erase the CarPlay stereo and then restart my phone. however after the CarPlay is found about 2 minutes later it kicks out again. This only impacts iPhone 12. I tried my wife's 13 and there is no issues.

Oct 7, 2022 2:56 PM in response to Ry1981

Same problem on iPhone 13. It CarPlay. Not the device, not the cable, not something else. It’s CarPlay. I can actually play music to the device if I use another App ( on pioneer I tried appRadio). Works great. But no CarPlay. So if developers are looking somewhere else they are. wasting time. So no hands-free while we wait on a fix.

Nov 1, 2022 8:39 AM in response to emfalll

I have to admit, I tried these steps very dubious of success. But I have to update that these steps worked for me. To be clear, I had done all of the mentioned steps one-by-one: swapped ports, new cable, blew out iPhone port, deleted/reinstalled phone from Sync3 system. Each step was followed by a test to see if any changes were noted, but nothing improved until I went to Settings > General > CarPlay > <Selected My Car> > Forget This Car. (Phone was unplugged at this point.)

I plugged the phone in and immediately the Sync3 and iPhone began communicating and configured perfectly for use.

CarPlay not appearing after iOS 15.6.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.