Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Answering Calls

With the new 15 update, I can't answer calls expect from the locked screen. If I'm in my home screen, or any app, the drop down from the top (see example below) that allows me to answer or decline a call is no longer appearing. How do I answer a call?

In this screen shot, I am receiving a call:

There is no way for me to answer it from this screen. So I go back to my home screen and there is no way to answer the call. I have to go to phone, recent calls, click on the number, and then click accept. Can someone please help?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 9:48 AM

Hello AppleUser4927! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you’re not seeing the banner to answer or decline incoming calls on your iPhone since updating to iOS 15. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

First, are you on the latest version of iOS 15, which is iOS 15.1. If you need to update, create a backup first, as seen here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists on iOS 15.1, does restarting your iPhone have any effect? Restart your iPhone

Make it a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 9:48 AM in response to AppleUser4927

Hello AppleUser4927! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you’re not seeing the banner to answer or decline incoming calls on your iPhone since updating to iOS 15. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help. 

First, are you on the latest version of iOS 15, which is iOS 15.1. If you need to update, create a backup first, as seen here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists on iOS 15.1, does restarting your iPhone have any effect? Restart your iPhone

Make it a great day!

Answering Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.