Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with detecting pnone numbers

About a year ago I was forced to block a phone number that starts with +38057 xxx-xx-xx. I was really surprised when someone called from this number again after the blocking. So I've checked the list of blocked numbers in my iPhone and saw that the number I've blocked was +3807 xxx-xx-xx missing "5".

Checking with iPhone of my neighbor for the same number - the same result.

Today I had a call from a phone number which displayed while calling as +38067 xxx-xx-x and after the call was ended I checked the list of calls and saw that it was actually +38056 7xx-xx-xx.

Definitely here is the problem with the phone numbers on +3805 - losing the "5".

Please, kindly check and fix it.

Thank you.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:42 AM

7 replies

Nov 12, 2021 9:45 AM in response to eShiny

Hi eShiny,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. Sounds like blocked numbers are still getting through when they call you, is that right? We see that you tagged an iPhone 12 mini, is it running the latest iOS? Does this happen with any other number that you block? How did you go about blocking the number? Are you following the steps here: Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Let us know!

Nov 13, 2021 6:46 AM in response to eShiny

eShiny,

Thanks for the additional explanation. We do see what you are referring to now. The phone number when blocked is appearing in the Block Contacts list with a missing digit. Even though the incoming call from your carrier shows the full number. Therefore, the new calls aren't matching, and not being blocked.

Since this isn't working as expected, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support, so they can take a look.

Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support

Or use the phone number for your location from here: Contact Apple for support and service

Take Care.

Nov 12, 2021 11:09 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. Usually I block numbers by tapping block under the phone number I need to block. Mostly those numbers never get into my contact list. And yes, the numbers which start with +3805 still getting through. At least that is what I understand so far. I am attaching here a photo of the number I’ve tried to block just now adding it to my contacts first and the way how it appears in the block list (please, look at the last number on the list of blocked contacts).

The device is iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15.

Another problem which was discovered after updating it to iOS 15 is displaying incoming phone number which starts with +3805. After calling in the list they display ok just while calling they are missing “5”.

Problems with detecting pnone numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.