Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Apple Pay

I just updated my iPad’s OS to 15.1, and I am getting a notification to set up Apple Pay. I do not want to set up Apple Pay but can’t see any option to bypass this or remove the reminder notification. I searched the community and found others with a similar request in the past, but the responses and solutions offered did not work. Thanks for any help.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 12:53 PM

Hi PaulaBar,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you would like to stop being prompted to set up Apple Pay and we're happy to help.

If the option to set up later was selected, you can now choose to set up later directly in the app. To do so navigate to Settings > Finish Setting Up You iPhone and choose the Apple Pay option. Here you should see a similar screen to the one you initially saw during the setup. However, once you choose "Set up Later in Wallet" the notification alert in Settings should be removed.

You may also want to turn off Notifications for Wallet under Settings > Notifications > Wallet.

You can also find information for entering your details for features you do want to use here: Finish setting up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope the information helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 12:53 PM in response to PaulaBar

Hi PaulaBar,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you would like to stop being prompted to set up Apple Pay and we're happy to help.

If the option to set up later was selected, you can now choose to set up later directly in the app. To do so navigate to Settings > Finish Setting Up You iPhone and choose the Apple Pay option. Here you should see a similar screen to the one you initially saw during the setup. However, once you choose "Set up Later in Wallet" the notification alert in Settings should be removed.

You may also want to turn off Notifications for Wallet under Settings > Notifications > Wallet.

You can also find information for entering your details for features you do want to use here: Finish setting up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope the information helps.

Cheers!

Removing Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.