Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted messages

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve deleted messages back on top my commuter of my phone by any chance? I need them for an important case.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 5:31 PM

Emanfarah Said:

"Deleted messages: it opens it in that file format and only says the name and date at the top but not the actual number. : its strange because it shows me numbers with my other deleted messages in the trash except for this one."

-------

Conversations Menu:

1. Go to: Conversations menu
  2. View: Bottom of window

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 5:31 PM in response to Emanfarah

Emanfarah Said:

"Deleted messages: it opens it in that file format and only says the name and date at the top but not the actual number. : its strange because it shows me numbers with my other deleted messages in the trash except for this one."

-------

Conversations Menu:

1. Go to: Conversations menu
  2. View: Bottom of window

Nov 11, 2021 5:08 PM in response to Emanfarah

Emanfarah Said:

"Deleted messages: the message is not in my messages app. its in the trash on my matchbook hence why its only opening it as a file with no number to show."

-------

What do you Mean "matchbook"?

If you mean "MacBook", then provide a screenshot. Important: Rid of personal information though use of the Photos app.

As Screenshot would Help:

Nov 11, 2021 5:01 PM in response to Emanfarah

Emanfarah Said:

"my Mackbook was connected, but I also deleted the messages from my matchbook. now when I go to my bin on my matchbook I can see some of the messages but not the contact number. it just opens it as a file with the person's name on it. it there any way I will be able to see the contact number as well? also if you could lease elaborate more on what you said above ? am a bit confused."

-------

Obtaining the Number....

In the Messages App:

1. Right Click: on the number
  2. Select: Details
  3. Select: Info

Nov 11, 2021 4:17 PM in response to Emanfarah

Emanfarah Said:

"Deleted messages: Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve deleted messages back on top my commuter of my phone by any chance? I need them for an important case."

-------

Check a App on Another Device:

If an app (i.e. Messages) was enabled on any other iPhone or Apple computer, then check the Messages app on your Mac to see if it exists in it. You'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Massages app. Then proceed from there with retrieving it. Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection.

Nov 11, 2021 4:21 PM in response to TheLittles

my Mackbook was connected, but I also deleted the messages from my matchbook. now when I go to my bin on my matchbook I can see some of the messages but not the contact number. it just opens it as a file with the person's name on it. it there any way I will be able to see the contact number as well?

also if you could lease elaborate more on what you said above ? am a bit confused.

Deleted messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.