Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues when connected to Lenovo q24h-10 monitor

When connected to my MacBook Pro the monitor has a checkerboard pattern of small brighter and darker squares (as if the backlight was slightly different brightnesses in those areas). These areas alternate back and forth rapidly (the bright squares become darker squares and vice versa). This is not always noticeable, but is particularly bad when displaying certain colors (especially certain shades of gray). This occurs whether it is connected via USBC or HDMI. I have tried adjusting display settings on the monitor and on the MacBook with no luck. The problem does not occur when I connect my Windows laptop via the same HDMI cord, so it seems to be a compatibility issue with the MacBook. 

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening or if there is anything I can do to fix it? This is my first Mac, so I'm not super familiar with what I can do (if anything) to troubleshoot. Unfortunately, if I can't get it resolved I'll have to return the monitor.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 6:24 PM

All I can say is to try restarting your macbook and monitor, double check if the connection is tight. This may sound silly but sometimes the problem just goes away after a restart. If possible, try connecting your macbook to another monitor to see if the same things happens. Alternatively, connect the dealer of the monitor to see if they could do anything about it. Hope this helps!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 6:24 PM in response to reibo22

All I can say is to try restarting your macbook and monitor, double check if the connection is tight. This may sound silly but sometimes the problem just goes away after a restart. If possible, try connecting your macbook to another monitor to see if the same things happens. Alternatively, connect the dealer of the monitor to see if they could do anything about it. Hope this helps!

Issues when connected to Lenovo q24h-10 monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.