Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have space available in iCloud storage. How do I move stuff from my iPad storage to the iCloud?

I have space available in iCloud storage. How do I move stuff from my iPad storage to the iCloud?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:33 PM

You can sync your device with iCloud, but you cannot offload everything to gain more space.

You can optimize photos if you have iCloud photos enabled. (Settings > Photos). That will keep originals in the cloud and reduce the size of your library on device. Of course, if you delete a file, it will delete from the cloud too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 7:33 PM in response to Over-stuff

You can sync your device with iCloud, but you cannot offload everything to gain more space.

You can optimize photos if you have iCloud photos enabled. (Settings > Photos). That will keep originals in the cloud and reduce the size of your library on device. Of course, if you delete a file, it will delete from the cloud too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.