Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen trackpad after update

I just updated my MacBook to Mojave and now my trackpad freezes after startup. It moves fine at password window but as soon as it starts up and displays main window trackpad freezes snd mouse pointer stays in the last place it was as i hit enter at sign in.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 7:04 AM

Logan5ive wrote:

I just updated my MacBook to Mojave and now my trackpad freezes after startup. It moves fine at password window but as soon as it starts up and displays main window trackpad freezes snd mouse pointer stays in the last place it was as i hit enter at sign in.

User profile showing MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0 Monterey

Restart the computer in Safe Mode. Shift key immediately at a Restart. It will do a repair disk, clear system cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. It loads slowly and is normal.

We are attempting to eliminate any third party software from loading and maybe interfering with the Normal Operations of the computer. Run in Safe Mode and Test.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 7:04 AM in response to Logan5ive

Logan5ive wrote:

User profile showing MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0 Monterey

Restart the computer in Safe Mode. Shift key immediately at a Restart. It will do a repair disk, clear system cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. It loads slowly and is normal.

We are attempting to eliminate any third party software from loading and maybe interfering with the Normal Operations of the computer. Run in Safe Mode and Test.

Nov 14, 2021 2:16 AM in response to Logan5ive

Logan5ive wrote:

I did that. It opened in Safe Boot but didnt give any indication that “It did a repair disk, clear system cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. It loads slowly and is normal.”
problem still persists. I bought a cheap wired mouse. It only moves with external attachment.

All those functions are done by the Operating System behind the scenes and without the need of a user interaction - that is normal and standard.

Because the issue " still persists " even in Safe Mode - generally it indicates one of two things.

Firstly - something in the User Admin Account. To further dig down as thee here it issue is - suggest creating another Admin Account and log out of existing account and back into the newly created account and then TEST

Frozen trackpad after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.