Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Active Driecrtory account can not created on M1 Macbook

Active Directory account cannot logged in with M1 Macbook.

ISSUE :

1. Check that the Active Directory server is connected. (Via System Preferences)
  2. The option to change password at first login is applied in Active Directory settings.(To check if the login server is connected)
  3. A password change request window appears.(I changed password)
  4. Screen shakes and can't log in.(Try both the changed password and the old password)

TS :

1. Active Directory Reconnect
  2. Change account password on Active Directory server.
  3. Try changing administrative and user environment options in Directory Utility.
  4. Trying with a new account in Active Directory.

Judging from the series of processes, the server and account are connected with M1 Macbook, but the M1 Macbook seems to refuse to create an account.

What should I do?

Note: The issue does not occur on Intel MacBooks and Macs.

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 8:50 AM

Sanghoshim wrote:

1. Active Directory account cannot logged in with M1 Macbook.
ISSUE :
Check that the Active Directory server is connected. (Via System Preferences)
2. The option to change password at first login is applied in Active Directory settings.(To check if the login server is connected)
4. Screen shakes and can't log in.(Try both the changed password and the old password)
TS :
Active Directory Reconnect
6. Change account password on Active Directory server.
7. Try changing administrative and user environment options in Directory Utility.
8. Trying with a new account in Active Directory.

Judging from the series of processes, the server and account are connected with M1 Macbook, but the M1 Macbook seems to refuse to create an account.
What should I do?

See if there is anything in this Monterey article~

https://support.apple.com/guide/directory-utility/configure-open-directory-access-diru7606aa37/mac

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 8:50 AM in response to Sanghoshim

Sanghoshim wrote:

1. Active Directory account cannot logged in with M1 Macbook.
ISSUE :
Check that the Active Directory server is connected. (Via System Preferences)
TS :
Active Directory Reconnect
6. Change account password on Active Directory server.
7. Try changing administrative and user environment options in Directory Utility.
8. Trying with a new account in Active Directory.

What should I do?

See if there is anything in this Monterey article~

https://support.apple.com/guide/directory-utility/configure-open-directory-access-diru7606aa37/mac

Active Driecrtory account can not created on M1 Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.