Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove Office 365 from mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

How can I remove Office 365 from mac OS Monterey 12.0.1?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 3:22 PM

Do you still have the MS Office apps in your Applications folder? If you do you might try AppCleaner. I use it and it's very safe. You make the decision of which supporting files to include in the deletion. I would run it on each of the MS Office apps, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Probably the first one you get will find most of the supporting documents for the rest of them but run each individually.

WARNING: If you use AppCleaner on an app that you have other apps from the same developer, like Adobe, you must be extremely careful checking all checkboxes and deleting.  Some for those files may support other apps from the same developer and deleting them can mess them up.  Adobe apps is a primary example. I know from experience.  For singular apps from a developer it's safe.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 3:22 PM in response to JohnBev

Do you still have the MS Office apps in your Applications folder? If you do you might try AppCleaner. I use it and it's very safe. You make the decision of which supporting files to include in the deletion. I would run it on each of the MS Office apps, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Probably the first one you get will find most of the supporting documents for the rest of them but run each individually.

WARNING: If you use AppCleaner on an app that you have other apps from the same developer, like Adobe, you must be extremely careful checking all checkboxes and deleting.  Some for those files may support other apps from the same developer and deleting them can mess them up.  Adobe apps is a primary example. I know from experience.  For singular apps from a developer it's safe.

how to remove Office 365 from mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.