Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Capitalize a phrase

There is a handy command in Text Edit (and in other software too, such as the Finder): if there is a word or phrase that needs to be capitalized, you can select it, right-click it, and choose Transformations>Make Upper Case, Make Lower Case, or Capitalize. This is a handy way of changing the case of several words at a time without having to retype them. Oddly, I don't see the Transform contextual menu in Pages. Is this hidden somewhere else in Pages?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 9:01 AM

You will find the functionality under the Format menu:

4 replies

Dec 11, 2021 7:35 AM in response to 6x6

I just discovered a problem with this command: It seems to create a "fake" capitalization (kind of like, in some apps, when you apply "bold" or "italic" to text in a font that has no true bold or italic and then the styling is lost on export or when printing).

In Pages, when I use the above-mentioned command, it applies an effect that makes it look capitalized, but then when I copy the text out and paste it into my HTML editor or even TextEdit, the capitalization Is lost! This doesn't happen in apps like Safari that support the contextual-menu capitalization commands (I just tested it).

I had manually fixed the capitalization in a very long essay I wrote using the Format command in Pages, and then was dismayed when I discovered that all that work was lost when I tried to transfer the text to an HTML editor. I did find that exporting the text as PDF causes the capitalization to "lock in," but this may cause other problems. Is there a more elegant way to do this?

Capitalize a phrase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.