Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut for capitalisation

There is no easy way to capitalize words with Pages app. And I could not see a way to create my own key shortcut to overcome the difficulty. This is a huge limitation because it's possible to dictate nicely and then you have to struggle with the formatting. It is a huge let down for me.

I am coming from LibreOffice where keyboard shortcuts can be created very easily. I will highly appreciate any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 5:37 AM

See Format menu > Font > Capitalization. There is no keyboard shortcuts for these choices, nor any means within Pages itself to create keyboard shortcuts. LibreOffice is an MS Office clone. Pages is not a Word clone.

In Monterey and previous, one can choose System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts, add the application [+] and choose Pages from the selector. In Menu Title, enter the exact spelling of that preceding Capitalization menu item, and finally choose a keyboard shortcut not already used by Pages. I recommend one using a control key modifier with an used sequence.

In macOS Ventura, it would be Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > App Shortcuts, then + to add Pages from the All Applications selector, the exact menu title, and the same recommendation for keyboard shortcut as above.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 5:37 AM in response to Kelzang_Norbu

See Format menu > Font > Capitalization. There is no keyboard shortcuts for these choices, nor any means within Pages itself to create keyboard shortcuts. LibreOffice is an MS Office clone. Pages is not a Word clone.

In Monterey and previous, one can choose System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts, add the application [+] and choose Pages from the selector. In Menu Title, enter the exact spelling of that preceding Capitalization menu item, and finally choose a keyboard shortcut not already used by Pages. I recommend one using a control key modifier with an used sequence.

In macOS Ventura, it would be Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > App Shortcuts, then + to add Pages from the All Applications selector, the exact menu title, and the same recommendation for keyboard shortcut as above.

Feb 9, 2023 7:34 AM in response to VikingOSX

I had found a similar instructions from you in another post and just created a shortcut. Then I saw your message. But this message is far more clear than your earlier post!

I am very new to Mac and Pages. Just one day old with a MacBook Air - M2 chip. I believe I do not need Windows or Linux now although I have been using them as a power user.

Can you kindly help me with the regular expressions? Is it possible in Pages?

Shortcut for capitalisation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.