Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes and auto capitalisation

I’m using the native app Note and I've noticed that it doesn’t auto capitalise letter at the start of the sentence. I've set it up in the keyboard setting though.

I’m using a MacBook Air M1 and its keyboard and it is running macOS Monterey 12.5.

Actually, it is the same story while wring on this website.

It was working fine with the last macOS iteration though...

thanks for the feedback in advance:)

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 11:36 PM

Hey there! Good question! Have you checked this setting already in System Preferences > Keyboard?:

btw I didn’t take this pic, it was posted by Ivan54 here:

Auto capitalization not working on safari - Apple Community

Hope that’s where the problem lays!

4 replies

Aug 2, 2022 11:42 PM in response to DiZoE

Of course those settings for the keyboard are ticked for auto caps and auto correction.

But I didn’t off and on my MacBook Air M1.

I should have done this first actually. I did it after 12.5 update but I have put it to sleep mode afterwards.

It's working fine on Notes now. Phew!

but the auto cap doesn’t work on this website still...

Thanks a lot!

Notes and auto capitalisation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.