Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autocorrect won't capitalize words on MacBook Pro

Enabling Correct Spelling Automatically or Capitalize words automatically doesn't work.

Although I have enabled "Correct Spelling Automatically" and "Capitalize Words Automatically" in the system settings on my Macbook Pro, nevertheless, in the application 'Notes' neither of these functions are working on my Macbook Pro 16 with touchbar (Venutra 13.2). 

It works on my iPad. It works on my iPhone. 

It does not work on my Macbook Pro when using Notes. 

Strangely, it does work when I use Pages on my Macbook Pro. But not when I use Notes. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 9:48 AM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2023 10:47 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Under Edit > Spelling and Grammer, I already had selected "Correct Spelling Automatically." Which I figured would do the job. But it didn't. On a whim, I additionally selected "Check Spelling While Typing." This astonishingly enough made the difference. Now the first letter of the sentence is being capitalized, and misspelled words are changed automatically.

So, thank you for pointing out this rather obvious thing to check. At first, I thought, I already checked that. But then I thought about it, checked again, and made the selection and it resolved the problem. All because of your suggestion.

Cheers!

Autocorrect won't capitalize words on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.