Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable Spell-check on Apple Notes (Mac OS)?

Hi! I have issues enabling spellcheck on my Macbook and iMac on my Apple Notes app. I cannot enable the Check Spelling While Typing option when I go to Notes>Edit>Spelling and Grammar. If I select it, it closes the Edit tab but does not change any settings. I have also tried going to Settings>Keyboard but couldn't find any options there either. I tried using Safe Mode to see if that helped, but it didn't work either.

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 11:45 PM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2023 12:29 AM in response to divinesoul47

Might try this, quit Notes Move this file to the Desktop for now, in case we want to pt it back, then try Notes, though spelcheck seems to be system wide setting.

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Notes.plist

~ tilde indicates  your user library folder

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1. From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.
  2. In the window that opens, enter ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Preferences, and click Go.

How to enable Spell-check on Apple Notes (Mac OS)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.