Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 charing port does not work; is the MagSafe charging pad compatible with the iPhone 8?

my iPhone 8 charging port has stopped working; is the MagSafe charging pad compatible with the iPhone 8?

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 12:12 PM

Potentially, yes.

Ref: How to wirelessly charge your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies

Nov 12, 2021 12:22 PM in response to johnalosky

Yes and no. Magsafe was designed for iPhone 12 and 13 phones. Its advantage is it connects perfectly by magnet to the specific spot on the back of an iPhone 12 or 13 for perfect alignment and charging. While you can use a MagSafe charger, you'll need to position it precisely where the charging coil on your iPhone 8 is in order for it to do its job.

A couple of thoughts. It's likely not a good thing your charging port on your phone doesn't work and it should honestly be looked at for service issues. And you can buy a regular Qi Wireless Charging plate or stand for an iPhone 8, which will work fine.

My iPhone 8 charing port does not work; is the MagSafe charging pad compatible with the iPhone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.