Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution to my Face ID

My iPhone says Face ID has been disabled cause a problem was detected with my true depth camera and there’s nothing wrong with my true depth camera.

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 1:48 PM

How do you know there is nothing wrong with your True Depth camera?

Click on the Get Support link a the top right of this page and start the service process and let Apple check your True Depth camera.

8 replies

Nov 12, 2021 2:05 PM in response to deggie

I’m located in Akure, Nigeria and I bought this IPhone in olukayode shopping complex and when I bought it was work fine and I set up the Face ID with much stress cause I’m still new to iPhone but it works perfectly after setting up the Face ID but I took this iPhone to where I bought it yesterday to change the battery cause it’s aging 88% capacity,

little did I know the battery is still ok but they already opened it up and the new battery they want to change this with is not as strong as the battery I thought was aging so I told them to return my battery and bought powerbank to use with it.

Nov 12, 2021 2:10 PM in response to abiodun261

Then I can tell you why your Face ID is no longer working, you had your iPhone worked on by a 3rd party repair site and while they had it open to change your battery they interfered with the connection between the True Depth camera and the Security Enclave. It now has to be reset to work but only Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) can do that. But since you had a 3rd party site repair it and have a non-Apple battery they will refuse to service it. You will have to get used to entering your passcode.

Solution to my Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.