Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music is not being skipped when shuffling

So I have a new 16” MPB M1 Max. So along with that came a new iPad Pro 11” and a new iPhone 13 Pro Max so all are updated to current os.

I have an Samsung T7 1Tb ssd external for music and pictures. So I get the MBP all set up for what I need and having 150 songs of classical music, and I have double and triple checked but on everyone of those songs, I have the Skip when shuffling box checked.

Now here is the issue, it just does not work. I have synced my Music library to the iPad Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. It refuses to not skip on all 3 devices. I can be listening to The Who’s Quadrophenia album, then the next thing I know here comes a song from Bach Christopher Parkening or Mannheim Steamroller. I was using our daughters iMac 2014 year because both of my macs had died from wear and tear. Never any issue with Skip while shuffling so I was hoping someone could possibly help with this.

thank you and sorry for lengthy post.

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 4:01 PM

Hi gene731,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If your music is not skipping, be sure to check that your devices are updated and then test each device on a different network to see if that could be the issue since it is happening to all 3. Here are links to help:

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have problems playing music on Mac - Apple Support

Have a great day.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 4:01 PM in response to gene731

Hi gene731,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If your music is not skipping, be sure to check that your devices are updated and then test each device on a different network to see if that could be the issue since it is happening to all 3. Here are links to help:

Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have problems playing music on Mac - Apple Support

Have a great day.

Nov 13, 2021 9:40 PM in response to MichelleT18

Everything is now good. I went back in and undid the skip while shuffling and anyway there was no green check box to the right of skip while shuffling. Once I had removed the original check for skip while shuffling and added it back then I started getting the green check button out to the right of it and now everything is all fine and dandy now. Works great!

Music is not being skipped when shuffling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.