Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb not working in 15.1

I am using the new 15.1 IOS in which Do Not Disturb is buried within something called Focus. As it was unclear if the 'turn on automatically' is superseded by whether or not the Do Not Disturb switch is turned on or green, I decided to conduct some tests.

1) with DND on (or green) and with DND off (or white)

2) calling during the time range selected in 'turn on automatically' and calling outside the time range selected in 'turn on automatically'.

Thus there are four different scenarios. In each of the four, the phone still rings when calling from another number (and this number hasn't been entered as an "always allow" number)

Does anyone know if there is a fix and/or workaround for this?

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 10:29 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 13, 2021 5:20 PM in response to RHJ79

Hi RHJ79,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are having issues with using Do Not Disturb, take a look at the links below to help with understanding a little bit more about how Focus works.

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Also, have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue remain? When the calls are coming through, are they from multiple contacts, or one specific contact?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day.

Nov 14, 2021 11:44 PM in response to lexOS1

Also, have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue remain? > Yes I have

When the calls are coming through, are they from multiple contacts, or one specific contact? > One contact. The number is not entered as a number to always allow

Someone in another thread suggested I try this with the phone in both locked and unlocked mode. Still, it rings in all eight scenarios.

Nov 14, 2021 11:46 PM in response to PunkyBear25

That does not help resolve the issue. Note that the phone rings in all eight of these scenarios. And the # being called from is not listed in the always allow numbers.

You sound like you know your stuff. Perhaps you can provide a step by step guide on how I can get my phone to not ring during a specific time period. Thanks!

Nov 15, 2021 10:28 PM in response to PunkyBear25

Update.

I tried another experiment. I removed all people under 'ALLOWED NOTIFICATIONS' and turned on (or green) 'do not disturb'. I called the iPhone from my home phone and it rang. Then I tried calling it again, but entered *67 before dialing my 10 digit cell phone #. And this time it did not ring. So somehow my iPhone is recognizing my home land line as an 'always accept' number. But how is it doing this? I looked up my land line in my contacts and it doesn't have it marked as emergency contact or anything like that.

So DND is technically working, but somehow my land line is exempt from DND.

Do Not Disturb not working in 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.