Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Clock/Health App on lock screen?

Hi everyone, just a quick question I have: is there a way to disable accessing/changing the alarm on the clock/health app through the lock screen?

I'm pretty sure it's my roommate setting my alarms an hour later, the only reason I wasn't late to class was my backup music shortcut I made the night before!

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 11:19 PM

Hi, I've disabled all lock screen access but I can still access the clock app and change/skip my alarm when my phone is locked on sleep mode.

One idea for me might be to disable sleep mode every night to hide the alarm change button, but that would be inconvenient in the long run since my goal is to automate the function completely.

Are there any workarounds to this? Unfortunately, my best guess is that Apple did this purposefully to make it easier for people to access the app in a pinch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 11:19 PM in response to faith185

Hi, I've disabled all lock screen access but I can still access the clock app and change/skip my alarm when my phone is locked on sleep mode.

One idea for me might be to disable sleep mode every night to hide the alarm change button, but that would be inconvenient in the long run since my goal is to automate the function completely.

Are there any workarounds to this? Unfortunately, my best guess is that Apple did this purposefully to make it easier for people to access the app in a pinch.

Nov 14, 2021 1:21 AM in response to GoneGaming

I’m pretty sure it's my roommate setting my alarms an hour later,

Change your passcode and keep it secret, don't let anyone know so only you can access your iPhone.

Set Auto-Lock -> 30 seconds.

Set Require Passcode -> Immediately.

I've disabled all lock screen access but I can still access the clock app and change/skip my alarm when my phone is locked on sleep mode. 

You need your passcode to change the alarm.

Without a passcode you can only see what time it is and not change anything.

Nov 13, 2021 5:04 PM in response to GoneGaming

Hi GoneGaming,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you would like to remove access to the Clock app from your iPhone Lock Screen. Right?

Your Clock app and alarms can only be accessed from the Lock Screen if enabled in Control Center. There are couple options to resolve this.

Turn off access to the Control Center from your iPhone Lock Screen. Check out Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen.

Or remove the Alarm control from Control Center. Guidance can be found in Use and customize Control Center on iPhone.

Take care.

Disable Clock/Health App on lock screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.