Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhoto duration of slides in 15.1

How do I slow down the duration of slides using photos in 15.1 I cannot find the feature that used to enable setting the number of seconds for displaying photos in a slideshow.

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 5:38 AM

I am not sure, what Apple Support has tried, but on my iPad Pro with iPadOS 15.1 it is working exactly as described the iPad User Guide for iPadOS 15. Play videos and slideshows in the Photos app on iPad - Apple Support

When I select an album album in the sidebar and start a slideshow, then:

• To change the slideshow theme, music, and more, tap the screen while the slideshow plays, then tap Options.

This screenshot is from my iPad Pro 11". When I move the slider to the right, the slideshow will play faster.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 5:38 AM in response to Fido43

I am not sure, what Apple Support has tried, but on my iPad Pro with iPadOS 15.1 it is working exactly as described the iPad User Guide for iPadOS 15. Play videos and slideshows in the Photos app on iPad - Apple Support

When I select an album album in the sidebar and start a slideshow, then:

• To change the slideshow theme, music, and more, tap the screen while the slideshow plays, then tap Options.

This screenshot is from my iPad Pro 11". When I move the slider to the right, the slideshow will play faster.

Nov 13, 2021 3:26 AM in response to Fido43

In MacOS it will depend on the slideshow theme. The more elaborate themes are having less options than the themes with only one photo per slide. If you use the Classic theme, you can change the duration of the slideshow by clicking the stop watch icon. To change the duration of selected slides click the checkmark "Theme options" as well.

Nov 13, 2021 4:53 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for replying. I should have made clear I was referring to IPad photos included in the 15.1 update. I select an album. This then gives the memory movie option to play as a slideshow. Once started it will reveal many things you can do. But not how how to choose a duration for the slides. When double tapping a slide it does not give the options you describe. There is no turtle, rabbit or speed slider.

IPhoto duration of slides in 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.