Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 16 with lg 34WL500

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 16 i7 (2019) and I got my LG 34WL500 with Aspect Ratio‎21:9 and Resolution‎ of 2560 x 1080 (Ultrawide FHD).

The resolution is very bad with my MacBook Pro 16" and it doesn't support 2560 x 1080. I am using Portronics C-Konnect, (3-in-1 USB Type C Adapter to Project Screen of USB Type-C Enabled Device on a Large Screen of Any HDMI Monitor Like TV). Link here for Portronics Adapter

The same works great with my MacBook Pro 14 M1 Pro but not with my 16" Pro book. Am I missing something here? Need help...

Thanks,

Vinay

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 9:15 AM

HDMI was invented for HD TV sets at 720p and lower. It has been stretched to higher resolutions with VERY mixed results.

The cables you want for HDMI-only Monitors (higher resolutions than 720p TV sets) are marked as Certified with an anti-counterfeiting tag and are labeled:

Better: "Premium High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "with Ethernet"  --OR--

Best: "Ultra High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "48G"

Cables with No Certification tags are good for your standard 720p TV set, and not much more.

You adapter may not be capable of producing the high-quality signal at the speed required to paint that screen with ONE Cable.

You could try some different adapters.

You could connect with TWO cables by activating Picture-by-Picture in the displays, and using "Extended Desktop" in the Mac to send the screen in two halves, then re-assenble at the display:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 9:15 AM in response to Vianvj

HDMI was invented for HD TV sets at 720p and lower. It has been stretched to higher resolutions with VERY mixed results.

The cables you want for HDMI-only Monitors (higher resolutions than 720p TV sets) are marked as Certified with an anti-counterfeiting tag and are labeled:

Better: "Premium High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "with Ethernet"  --OR--

Best: "Ultra High Speed HDMI cable" or that + "48G"

Cables with No Certification tags are good for your standard 720p TV set, and not much more.

You adapter may not be capable of producing the high-quality signal at the speed required to paint that screen with ONE Cable.

You could try some different adapters.

You could connect with TWO cables by activating Picture-by-Picture in the displays, and using "Extended Desktop" in the Mac to send the screen in two halves, then re-assenble at the display:

macbook pro 16 with lg 34WL500

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.