Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Cursor Flickering between states

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0ohhGjuyI

I have had this cursor flickering bug for years but now it has just gotten ridiculously bad. Its distracting and looks ridiculous. It only happens on my iMac, not my MacBook. Even iMacs in Apple Stores do this. Why has Apple still not fixed this?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 1:47 PM

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Also, have you installed or run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 1:47 PM in response to silvertechfilms

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Also, have you installed or run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus or VPN apps on your Mac?

Mac Cursor Flickering between states

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.