Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro - Keyboard no longer works

Keyboard just clicks,without generating any output. I have resolved once by deleting ~/Library/Preferences/apple.com.keyboard.plist.

My new issue? How can I delete it again, when keyboard doesn’t work? I can drag the file to the Bin…but then it asks me for my Apple Password, which without a keyboard, I cannot enter.

thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 6:59 AM

Hi, I took it to an authorised Apple Repairer. He has identified that it is a Battery Problem, as a 2015 MacBook Pro, the cells are integrated/unremovable. He spotted that the trackpad was slightly raised/angled. On removing the casing, he found that all 8 cells, which make up the battery, are "swollen" and distorted. He called them "about to pop". He is replacing the battery cells with Apple authorised components, and moving out some IC components to help the process, and clean out the fluff and debris. This is an expensive process. Just shows-to-go, you can always learn something new!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 6:59 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi, I took it to an authorised Apple Repairer. He has identified that it is a Battery Problem, as a 2015 MacBook Pro, the cells are integrated/unremovable. He spotted that the trackpad was slightly raised/angled. On removing the casing, he found that all 8 cells, which make up the battery, are "swollen" and distorted. He called them "about to pop". He is replacing the battery cells with Apple authorised components, and moving out some IC components to help the process, and clean out the fluff and debris. This is an expensive process. Just shows-to-go, you can always learn something new!

MacBook Pro - Keyboard no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.