Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes ransomware apple music?

Am i reading this right, I have to pay to access music i purchased? Either pay $10 a month for apple music or $25 a year for iMatch? Can i get a refund for my $1000's spent on iTunes music dating back to the late 90's?

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 12:25 PM

You are reading it incorrectly. Any music that you have already purchased is (should be) still accessible to you without further cost.

Are you experiencing some trouble that is preventing you listening to your purchased music?

If you will explain and give detail and context, maybe we can offer suggestions to overcome the issue.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 12:25 PM in response to Steve Dumond

You are reading it incorrectly. Any music that you have already purchased is (should be) still accessible to you without further cost.

Are you experiencing some trouble that is preventing you listening to your purchased music?

If you will explain and give detail and context, maybe we can offer suggestions to overcome the issue.

Nov 13, 2021 12:25 PM in response to Steve Dumond

Steve Dumond Said:

"itunes ransomware apple music?: Am i reading this right, I have to pay to access music i purchased? Either pay $10 a month for apple music or $25 a year for iMatch? Can i get a refund for my $1000's spent on iTunes music dating back to the late 90's?"

-------

For Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Nov 13, 2021 1:26 PM in response to Steve Dumond

Steve Dumond wrote:

Am i reading this right, I have to pay to access music i purchased? Either pay $10 a month for apple music or $25 a year for iMatch? Can i get a refund for my $1000's spent on iTunes music dating back to the late 90's?

You don't need to pay anything per month to access music you previously purchased.

Open the Music (or iTunes, on older systems) application, and see under the Account menu to make sure you are logged in to the same Apple ID as you used to purchase the music earlier. Also, make sure that the computer is authorized (under Authorizations). When you are logged in to the same Apple ID and the computer is authorized, you can access, play etc. the music files like you used to under iTunes.

The Apple Music or iMatch programs are subscription and allow you to access a lot more. But you don't need to pay anything monthly to access what you already purchased.

In some instances, you may need to redownload music files. In those instances, a small cloud icon appears by the song or album and by clicking on that cloud, it downloads (or redownloads) the item to the Mac you are on. It works similarly for iPhones. There is no charge for that if the item was already purchased under that Apple ID.

itunes ransomware apple music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.