Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music signed me up without my approval. Now I'm being charged and MY songs are missing.

Apple Music signed me up without my approval. I didn't even sign up for a trial subscription. Now I'm being charged every month, and all of the songs and playlists on my phone are missing. SO... how do I get a refund on this, and how do I get my music and playlists back? –– (I used to love iTunes, until it became bloated, then morphed into iMusic or some such, and then was discontinued. And now this).

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 9:09 AM

Start here:

How to cancel Apple Music - Apple Support

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an application by Apple called "iMusic". The application iTunes was discontinued on the Mac platform and replaced with separate apps, one of which is Music. It has not been discontinued. iTunes still exists on Windows.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 9:09 AM in response to rightbrained

Start here:

How to cancel Apple Music - Apple Support

To the best of my knowledge, there has never been an application by Apple called "iMusic". The application iTunes was discontinued on the Mac platform and replaced with separate apps, one of which is Music. It has not been discontinued. iTunes still exists on Windows.

Aug 25, 2022 9:24 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hence, why I said "iMusic or some such..." I'm a strictly Mac user over multiple devices from way back, and trust me when I say that iTunes is no longer what it once was. (It started primarily as ones own library/catalogue but then morphed into a record store first and foremost). But the real questions I need to address are: A. How best to attempt to get a refund –AND – B. the most efficient way to restore my music and playlists out of the Apple Music trap, which absorbed my collection. I love Apple all the way, but this has been a disappointment, and I'm not alone in this happening.

Apple Music signed me up without my approval. Now I'm being charged and MY songs are missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.