Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What means: 1.845 Objekte gelöscht (574 Objekte in .LINKS)?

The internal SSD in my MacBook Air isn't very large. The MacBook got slower and slower and I saw that there was only about 500 MB free on the SSD. So I copied a folder to an external SSD and after making sure the copy was okay, I deleted the folder on the internal SSD.

This message appeared, which I have never seen before:

What does the message "in .LINKS" mean? Do I have to worry that the wrong objects have been deleted?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 11:11 AM

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert wrote:

Unfortunately, I did not note the assignment of the external SSD and I cannot recognize it from the space it takes.
How can I make a hidden folder visible?

In the Finder you can use Command + Shift + dot/period to toggle the hidden items on & off:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/show-hidden-files-mac-3520878/

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 11:11 AM in response to Reinhold Venzl-Schubert

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert wrote:

Unfortunately, I did not note the assignment of the external SSD and I cannot recognize it from the space it takes.

In the Finder you can use Command + Shift + dot/period to toggle the hidden items on & off:

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/show-hidden-files-mac-3520878/

Nov 14, 2021 2:31 AM in response to HWTech

Thanks for your answer HWTech!

After only 0.5GB of space was left, I deleted 4GB and now have 48GB free again!

That's very strange!

A large part of this 43.5GB of ghost space on the SSD was undoubtedly occupied by the cache memory of the operating system and not freed up in time.

What means: 1.845 Objekte gelöscht (574 Objekte in .LINKS)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.