Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 back glass repair

Can the back glass be repaired on a iPhone 12 and if so what’s the price range

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:57 PM

Certainly. I'm going on the following three bits of information:

1. The back glass repair option for AppleCare+ only applies to iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 models, and again assumes there is no other damage (such as damage to the metal frame band). -- credit: Michael Black ASC
  2. Apple will stop replacing the whole iPhone just to repair Face ID sensors or cracked glass - iDB
  3. AppleCare Products - Apple. The following image is taken from this article:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 2:57 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Certainly. I'm going on the following three bits of information:

1. The back glass repair option for AppleCare+ only applies to iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 models, and again assumes there is no other damage (such as damage to the metal frame band). -- credit: Michael Black ASC
  2. Apple will stop replacing the whole iPhone just to repair Face ID sensors or cracked glass - iDB
  3. AppleCare Products - Apple. The following image is taken from this article:

Nov 13, 2021 2:58 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence, I found this in the knowledge base article:

"What if I have AppleCare+ for iPhone?

AppleCare+ gives you expert technical support and hardware coverage from Apple, including accidental damage protection. Each incident of accidental damage is subject to a service fee. 

If you don't have AppleCare+, you'll pay the out-of-warranty fee for that type of repair.

Screen-only or back-glass only* damageAny other damageAppleCare+ service fee$ 29$ 99

* Back-glass only repairs are available for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 models only. Terms and conditions apply.

Not sure if you're covered? Check if you have AppleCare+ coverage by entering your iPhone serial number. 

Learn more about AppleCare+

See out-of-warranty fees for iPhone screen repair"

According to MacRumours this went into effect on September 21, 2021. But I cannot find anything in the article regarding repairing the back glass WITHOUT AppleCare +.

iPhone 12 back glass repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.