Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted songs in my iPhone's music app

These are songs in my iTunes library that I did not sync with my iPhone. As far as I can tell they're in the cloud, so not taking up space. They are, however, cluttering the iPhone Music library — and I want them gone. Is there a way? I don't want iCloud syncing, just USB to my Mac's iTunes.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 5:09 PM

Songs don’t sync to iCloud. Any songs you have bought from iTunes can be downloaded if you have deleted them. But only iTunes purchases, or, if you subscribe to Apple Music, songs you have listened to.

9 replies

Nov 13, 2021 5:17 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for that. But what I really want to know is how I remove these unwanted songs from my phone's Music library.

I've tried deleting the entire app and reinstalling it but that kills only the music which I actually want on the phone. My guess is Apple may see this a feature, i.e. if I want to play something I haven't pulled from iTunes I can download it again directly from Apple. If I did want to do that it would be convenient. But I don't, so it's an annoyance.

Again, is there a way to delete these unwanted songs from the iPhone's Music library?

Nov 13, 2021 7:03 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks again, Lawrence. I see a category Recently Added. I assume if I scroll down I should find Downloaded? But all I find is Recently Added, and everything is together there. The only difference is that the ones I bought from Apple have a down(load) arrow. There is the option under "…" to delete them but that comes with a warning that if I delete from the Library I'll be deleting them from all devices.

I'm obviously missing something.

Unwanted songs in my iPhone's music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.