Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TrueDepth camera was disabled.

Is there anyway to work around this and re-able my TrueDepth camera because of a cracked screen?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 3:24 PM

Since Apple doesn't sell authentic parts to iFixit type places, don't be surprised if you still don't have the TrueDepth camera on your iPhone after paying them $390 (an overpriced price for a screen, to begin with).

The fact Apple didn't want to replace the screen on your phone for a much lower price ($279 for iPhone XS or $329 for XS Max) must mean there is more damage than just a cracked screen on your phone. Apple won't replace a screen on any device if it has other damage.

If you are letting this iFixit business replace the screen on your phone, Apple will not not ever touch your phone if you need service in the future as any phone which is serviced by anyone other than Apple is ineligible for Apple service.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 3:24 PM in response to Lorena-Manny

Since Apple doesn't sell authentic parts to iFixit type places, don't be surprised if you still don't have the TrueDepth camera on your iPhone after paying them $390 (an overpriced price for a screen, to begin with).

The fact Apple didn't want to replace the screen on your phone for a much lower price ($279 for iPhone XS or $329 for XS Max) must mean there is more damage than just a cracked screen on your phone. Apple won't replace a screen on any device if it has other damage.

If you are letting this iFixit business replace the screen on your phone, Apple will not not ever touch your phone if you need service in the future as any phone which is serviced by anyone other than Apple is ineligible for Apple service.

Nov 14, 2021 6:35 PM in response to Lorena-Manny

I figured there was more damage. If it was me, I would buy an iPhone 13 as opposed to paying $600 for a refurbished iPhone XS. iPhone XS is now 3 years out from when it was released. The cameras on iPhone 13 do things an XS could never do.

There are some truly amazing offers from several cellular providers to upgrade to the new iPhone 13 models. iPhone 13 starts at $799. Yes, $200 more than a refurbished iPhone XS, but a so much newer, more capable phone than XS. Check with your cellular provider to see if they have any major incentives going on.

TrueDepth camera was disabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.