Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 green tint glow around the edges?

Hi! I bought an iphone 12 two weeks ago and I’ve noticed on dark grey there is consistently a ‘glow’ around the edges of the phone screen. It’s a sort of green vignette.

Is this just what the iPhone 12 Pro looks like when producing these greys?

I’m considering replacement/repair I’m not sure if it is worth it if another model will just be the same/potentially worse in this area.

Do other people see the kind of glow like in the attached images? Is your phone more uniform?

photo for test:

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 7:21 AM

Hi There,

Personally there isnt too much that can happen here in terms of software wise, unless you try restarting your iPhone I dont think this is a software bug.

There doesn't seem to be a recall program for this issue as can be seen here.

But if you contact apple support assuming its still in warranty if not your carrier could help, you might be able to get a replacement or have a technician look deeper into this.

Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 7:21 AM in response to tommaso193

Hi There,

Personally there isnt too much that can happen here in terms of software wise, unless you try restarting your iPhone I dont think this is a software bug.

There doesn't seem to be a recall program for this issue as can be seen here.

But if you contact apple support assuming its still in warranty if not your carrier could help, you might be able to get a replacement or have a technician look deeper into this.

Hope this helps!

Iphone 12 green tint glow around the edges?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.