Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“recently deleted” folder notes?

Why doesn't Apple provide a “recently deleted” folder in notes? Not just in iCloud for upgraded users. This seems to be an egregious overlook.

I accidentally deleted an important note and immediately tried to retrieve it but am unable to bc:

It’s on gmail, not iCloud (plus you have to have an upgraded account, from what I have read)

My gmail has not synced to notes for a year, so it was not there, nor in the trash.

I am so frustrated. Why do they not have a “recently deleted” folder for ALL notes like ever other app!!!

If anyone has a solution, please respond. I already spent quite some time with an apple person explaining the situation over and over again. He did not get it and kept offering solutions that applied to iCloud, etc.

P.S. This is not the right topic, but they didn’t offer anything about NOTES.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 9:40 AM

Any note that you delete using iCloud or the On My Device option moves to recently deleted. It's just as easy to use iCloud notes if you need syncing or notes on my device.

Notes tied to other accounts may be deleted immediately or may appear in your trash. I'm not sure how gmail handles deleted notes, you could check with gmail support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 9:40 AM in response to g8t7j4t

Any note that you delete using iCloud or the On My Device option moves to recently deleted. It's just as easy to use iCloud notes if you need syncing or notes on my device.

Notes tied to other accounts may be deleted immediately or may appear in your trash. I'm not sure how gmail handles deleted notes, you could check with gmail support.

“recently deleted” folder notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.