You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.1 Notifications problem on iPhone 7 plus

Hi, please can anyone help with the issue I am having with notifications not coming in, this has been happening since I updated my iPhone 7 Plus iOS to 15.1, I have done all the possible fixes, disabled focus or “do not disturb”, disabled notifications summary, reset network, reset all settings…name it. The only fix that works temporarily is reboot the phone, then after some hours the notifications stop coming in unless you open and are in the application. I had this same problem with 15.0 and I think 15.0.1 but in 15.0.2 it rarely happened, until the update to 15.1

Anyone having this same issue?

Anyone with any permanent fix??

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 10:39 AM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2021 9:53 AM in response to Eddvscarter

Hi there Eddvscarter,

From what we can tell, you're not receiving notifications for apps on your iPhone. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance. 

To begin, let's take a closer look to see if you have Scheduled Summary turned on in Settings > Notifications > Scheduled Summary. You'll also want to be sure you have the notification settings for your apps set the way you'd prefer. Have a look at this link to learn more:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If that doesn't seem to help, we'll need more details to continue working toward a solution. Are you not receiving notifications for all apps or only some apps? Have you noticed any trends with this behavior? For example, does this happen in a specific location? Are you seeing this issue when your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, cellular data, or both? Send over more information, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers!

Nov 15, 2021 12:55 PM in response to Eddvscarter

Eddvscarter,

Thanks for following up with us, and providing details about what's going on with your notifications! Let's continue working together to sort this out. Since this only seems to be happening with third-[arty apps, let's work through each suggested step in this support article:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

Nov 15, 2021 12:33 PM in response to Sparks0829

Thanks for the reply Sparky (hope you don’t mind me calling you that). I mentioned I had already tried the options you stated above.

• Disabled notification summary
  • Enabled notifications on each app to my preferred custom settings and on.
  • Reset network, reset all settings and more.

This issue only happens with some applications, like WhatsApp, Instagram, Gmail and Outlook mail Apps, TikTok and so more…the exceptions are iPhone native apps like phone, messages, alarm and tips.

It occurs regardless of location, on Wi-Fi or cellular data.

I hope I have provided a little more info for you to be able to help like you asked.

iOS 15.1 Notifications problem on iPhone 7 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.