Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ringtone and tones different between my ipad pro and iphone 12 pro max

Upgraded my iPad Pro to the new 11pro. Updated the iOS 15, restored everything, or so I thought.

my daughter face timed me and her ring tone was the default, not the usual one I've assigned in the past and on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. No drama I thought, go into settings and download the ringtones and tones and we'll be up and running again. There are 22 custom ringtones on the iPhone and only 6 are available on the iPad....?

How can I import them across to the iPad..? I have tried plugging them both into my 2017 MBP OS Monterey and I cannot explore either devices to enable me to drag and drop between devices...?

any ideas...?

Ian

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 11:16 AM

Just to update...

I connected the iPad Pro to my MBP, opened finder, dragged the ringtone files from the MBP desktop and dropped them onto the iPad Pro in finder....

now happy bunny as all ringtones are available in the iPad sounds tab...

Hope this helps..!

3 replies

Nov 15, 2021 10:23 AM in response to 9teen60six

Hi, 9teen60six and thanks for reaching out. We see you're having issues accessing purchased ringtones on your iPad. We'll be glad to help out.

From here, we'd recommend following this article Get ringtones, text tones, and alert tones in the iTunes Store on iPhone

Specifically, the steps under " Redownload tones purchased with your Apple ID "

We hope that resolves this for you.

Cheers!

Nov 15, 2021 11:58 AM in response to barberlives123

thanks barberlives123,

had a read through the article and I'd downloaded the previous ones using the "download previous purchases" which gave me some of them back, however not the rest....

I've managed to find the original iTunes files that I'd created in iTunes, so going to try opening them in Garage Band and see if I can import them onto the iPad that way...

I'm sure I'll get there eventually ...

ringtone and tones different between my ipad pro and iphone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.