Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my apple id is an email and i plan on closing that email, should i change my Apple id

I am changing email addresses. My soon to be closed email address is my apple id. Do i need to change the id as the email will no longer be valid, or can i keep the id as is, and just change the email associated with my account, like for password recovery, correspondences etc ?

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 2:11 PM

I recommend you change the Apple ID email address so you can receive emails from Apple for password resets and other needed items.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 2:11 PM in response to keitell

I recommend you change the Apple ID email address so you can receive emails from Apple for password resets and other needed items.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

If my apple id is an email and i plan on closing that email, should i change my Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.