Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone not connecting to iMac Big Sur

When I connect my iPhone to my iMac, it brings up image capture but rapidly starts connecting and disconnecting, over and over. Asks if I trust the computer but I don't have time to click "trust". I have checked to make sure all my software is up to date. I have an iPhone XR.

Appreciate any help.

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 2:15 PM

3 replies

Nov 14, 2021 5:25 PM in response to SW4UA

I am sure you have. I have had this issue every now and then with nearly all iOS and macOS versions. Never quite understood what fixed it and what broke it. I continued to ReStart both devices and ultimately decided that it is not the cable. What mostly worked for me (when it works) is also choosing one port on the Mac over another. I am sure that you have tried that as well.

One other option is putting the iMag in Safe Mode and then shutting down and then rebooting in normal mode. If you have not tried this then do so. Briefly putting the iMac in Safe Mode will clear some cache files which may (or may not) be affecting the function of what you are attempting to do.

Axel F.

Iphone not connecting to iMac Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.