Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't uninstall itunes. Can't find itunes.reg?

Seems to be an old issue that happens once and a while but none of the previous fixes are helping. I've tried uninstalling manually / deleting old files / installing a new version to delete the old and nothing is working. I tried the fix where you go into regex to look for the itunes.reg file but nothing is there. I used 7zip to extract the installers and reinstall that way but again, no deal. Not sure what to even try next.

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 11:42 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 15, 2021 6:36 PM in response to Chelssic

Hello Chelssic,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are unable to uninstall iTunes from your Windows computer. Without knowing just what you have tried, we would recommend taking a look at the following support article. The article also includes info on reinstalling iTunes, but you can stop after removing it.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Best regards.

Nov 18, 2021 6:33 AM in response to Chelssic

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Can't uninstall itunes. Can't find itunes.reg?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.