Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted os

can somebody explain how to do this?

When I came across this I noticed that I didn't have a volume under the main APPLE SSD SM1024G Media. You need create a partition under it. Click on APPLE SSD SM1024G Media, select partition map scheme is GUID Partition Table. Name the volume Macintosh. Select and make sure it is in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format. Select Apply. Once you see the volume created. Go back to the macOS utility screen and select install MacOS

i accidently wiped my startup and os trying to wipe the macbook for sale. i used the online restore at startup (command + r) and that brought me to a pop up screen saying osx utilities. when i click on reinstall osx it aske me to select disk where i want to install. but there is no option to select. on the forums it seems the above answer helped someone solve this but i have no idea how to do that. please help!!!!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 3:30 AM

Hi,

You need to reformat the internal SSD in macOS Extended(Journaled) or APFS, then Reinstall MacOS on it.

Similar questions

1 reply

deleted os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.